This course is for anyone who works or volunteers with children and young people in the Out of School Care Provider sector (OSCAR). It is essential training for all staff looking after our tamariki and rangitahi.
Through the Child Protection for Out of School Care Providers course you will learn what you can do to help create a child safe organisation and gain the knowledge and skills to identify, respond and report child abuse and neglect. Play your part in making a difference for our children and young people.What will I learn?
• Why protecting children from abuse and neglect is important.
• How to recognise the signs of abuse and neglect.
• Your responsibilities as a children’s worker.
• The challenges and barriers you may face in meeting those responsibilities.Who is this course for?
Anyone who works or volunteers with children in a the Out of School Care Provider Sector.COURSE ACCESS: 30 daysGroup training and content warning
It is not recommended to complete this eLearning in a group environment as some course content may be triggering for individuals who may have experienced childhood trauma. We recommend wearing headphones. To ensure your wellbeing, trigger warnings are given throughout our course with support guidance provided.What do our learners say?
- "This is a very good training resource for the OSCAR sector. I did this as a manager and will now be using it for all staff training in this area."
- "I enjoyed the convenience of eLearning, being able to pause when interrupted and able to do it at work. The low cost was great. The content was awesome, I learnt so much and it was easy to navigate around without pressure."
- "Great content and resources. I have done many of these over the years, and found this training far more effective. The content is extremely understandable for staff in this sector who often do not have any formal training."