FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME USING THIS COUPON CODE: EL-OFFER23
Gaining an insight into grooming and the motivations to sexually abuse children will provide you with opportunities to prevent abuse from happening or interrupt harmful behaviour. This training is for anyone working with families, children and young people. The course will equip you with the ability to recognise and respond to the signs of grooming. Grooming is the process by which an adult prepares a child, significant others and the environment to enable sexual abuse of the child.
Grooming is very often the precursor to sexual abuse. Through increasing our understanding of grooming we are better able to reduce opportunities for grooming and keep our children safe from sexual abuse.
What will I learn?
• Understand the motivations of adults who sexually offend against children.
• Recognise risk factors of child sexual abuse.
• Recognise signs and patterns of grooming, both face to face and online.
• Respond appropriately to grooming concerns.
• Prevent and interrupt grooming behaviour.
Who is this course for?
Parents, caregivers and anyone working with families, children and young people. Whether your safeguarding journey is just starting, part way or near completion.
COURSE ACCESS: 30 days
Group training and content warning
It is not recommended to complete this eLearning in a group environment as some course content may be triggering for individuals who may have experienced childhood trauma. We recommend wearing headphones. To ensure your wellbeing, trigger warnings are given throughout our course with support guidance provided.
What do our learners say?
- "I felt that it gave me such insight into how I can safeguard the children I teach. I feel better prepared."
- "Starting this course I didn't feel confident in my role of safeguarding tamariki around abuse, neglect and their well being - now I feel more knowledgeable and confident to know what to do if a situation arose."
- "It covered a range to help you understand what can happen and how. It makes you aware of what you need to see."