A Child Protection Policy should send out a clear message of accountability and demonstrate your organisations commitment to the safety and protection of tamariki.
It should set the tone or the expectation you have for your staff, volunteers, the organisation and service users. It should keep staff safe by creating a framework to guide them on how to keep tamariki safe. Unfortunately for tamariki, parents, staff and volunteers many organisations see their Child Protection Policy as a tick box exercise to comply with legislation as a way to secure funding, rather than it being an opportunity to keep our tamariki safe.
This course will help you create a child protection policy that tamariki and staff deserve and your organisation can be proud of. Safeguarding Children strongly recommend completing the Code of Conduct course to ensure staff and volunteers have a clear guide to safe and appropriate interactions with tamariki and rangatahi.
This course includes a digital download of our resource Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy Development & Audit Tool which you will need while listening to the webinar.
What will I learn?
• Child Protection Policy guidance and development from leading national experts.
• Embedding a culture of child protection.
• Essential elements to include in a policy.
• Relevant legislation.
• How to structure a policy.
• Monitoring and review processes.
• Child and family versions.
• Child Protection Policy Development Plan to take away.
Who is this course for?
All organisations who engage with tamariki and rangatahi, or vulnerable adults.
COURSE ACCESS: 7 days
What do our learners say?
- "The training was very well presented and very informative. I feel confident to go away and create the policy, procedures and code of conduct that we need."