Working with tamariki and rangatahi is a privilege. Tamariki deserve to be safe as they participate and thrive. Parents and carers rely on the people working and supporting their tamariki to behave in ways that keep their tamariki safe and encourage their development. Police vetting alone will not identify people who are inappropriate or unsafe to work with tamariki; this is why a child-focused Code of Conduct is so important.
Many organisations under estimate the importance of a Code of Conduct which is vital in keeping tamariki safe and organisations safe for tamariki.
What will I learn?
• Safeguarding Code of Conduct guidance and development from leading national experts.
• Planning code of conduct content.
• What are the best practice behaviour expectations for those working with tamariki.
• In what contexts are these behaviour expectations needed.
• What to do when someone breaches the code of conduct and child safe HR processes.
Who is this course for?
All organisations who engage with tamariki and rangatahi, or vulnerable adults.
COURSE ACCESS: 7 days
What do our learners say?
- “This is an extremely important subject and really enjoyed presenters commitment to the subject, their knowledge and the portrayal that we all can make a difference.”